Fiona Hutton & Associates (FHA) is looking for a highly driven, innovative professional to join our California-based strategic communications and public affairs agency as an Account Supervisor. This role will be centered on addressing some of California’s most pressing and important issues, including health equity, the digital divide, drought, clean energy and much more.
Recognized as one of the nation’s top independent communications firms and a pacesetter in industry best practices, FHA specializes in reputation management, corporate communications, policy advocacy, regulatory challenges, litigation support, crisis management and public outreach campaigns for a blue-chip client roster. You’re not a number here or a cog in a publicly traded conglomerate wheel, you’re a member of a tight knit team of independent thinkers who get to collaborate on some of the most exciting engagements and high-profile issues.
Our work and people are unique and featured nationally. FHA consistently earns high marks in annual rankings of public relations agencies, including 6th in PR Week’s list of Top 10 US Public Affairs agencies, PRSA’s PRism Awards, Capitol Weekly’s Top 100 Influencers and the Los Angeles Business Journal’s Top Disruptors.
COOL STUFF YOU’LL GET TO DO
- Design and manage integrated communications plans (creative, earned, owned, thought leadership and stakeholder engagement) for corporate, trade association, non-profit and public agency clients and oversee day-to-day quality execution
- Drive retention of team; serve as mentor and support professional development of junior staff
- Coach junior team to become effective project managers and to think strategically about how to achieve client objectives
- Platform FHA’s respected brand to statewide and regional audiences
- Contribute to the development of branded FHA products and services that stand out as industry best practices
- Collaborate on development of innovative creative campaigns – naming and brand identity
- Drive story mining and oversee development of targeted messaging, top-notch content generation and communications tools
- Drive and manage robust media and outreach campaigns and own relationships with key reporters and stakeholder groups
- Supervise account team and wide range of expert subcontractors, including designers, research firms, former journalists, etc
- Establish, measure and achieve metrics
- Effectively manage multi-functional, large-scale client budgets
- Participate in new business and agency marketing; collaborate on proposals and presentations
GREAT THINGS WE’LL DO FOR YOU
- Be clear about our mission and purpose – addressing some of California’s most important challenges and elevating our people
- Ensure you’re challenged and motivated by client engagements
- Drive a culture that celebrates and recognizes your accomplishments and links them to the growth of the team and agency as a whole
- Provide clear opportunities for advancement in a financially healthy and growing agency
- Provide a supportive environment that focuses on team first
- Focus on your skills training through our FHA Academy programming
- Structure monthly mentoring meetings and formalized performance evaluations with clear metrics
- Provide a transparent environment where company goals and metrics are shared
- Offer life balance and flexibility with a hybrid work schedule and remote days
- Make sure you laugh, enjoy the camaraderie and have fun along the way
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in public affairs, public relations or politics. Prior experience working in a public relations/affairs agency preferable
- Relationships with and/or knowledge of California’s policy elite, opinion leaders and elected officials; keen understanding of the political landscape
- Relationships with California news media and/or knowledge of California’s media landscape
- Awareness of importance of and commitment to driving culture – natural team builder by nature
- Demonstrated track record of working across creative, earned, owned, thought leadership and stakeholder outreach workstreams
- Comfortable and confident in complex, multi-tasking management role
- Excellent writing skills
- Highly organized project manager – can set clear expectations and provide helpful feedback
- Experience managing teams, mapping professional development and careers for junior team members
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills; articulate and able to communicate clearly and effectively with clients and external audiences
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with internal and external client teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, communications or related experience
This full-time position will be located in the company’s Los Angeles or Sacramento office. Position will offer a competitive salary (including performance bonus) and benefits package.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.