Fiona Hutton & Associates is looking for a highly-driven Account Coordinator to join our Los Angeles-based agency. This position provides a unique opportunity to create winning communications and public affairs programs for blue-chip clients and work with a passionate team of professionals and help grow one of California’s leading communications firms.
This role is ideal for someone looking to start their career in a collaborative, fast-paced environment, fueled by a team of entrepreneurial-minded individuals.
Leading organizations turn to Fiona Hutton & Associates for solutions because we bring our A-game every single day. We’re problem-solvers — we truth squad, educate, motivate and mobilize with purpose to advance projects, manage crises, move public opinion and impact change.
Recognized as one of the nation’s top independent communications firms, Fiona Hutton & Associates specializes in advocacy, public affairs, crisis management, digital communications, media relations and stakeholder engagement. FHA consistently earns high marks in annual national rankings of public relations agencies, including 6th in PR Week’s list of Top 10 US Public Affairs agencies.
Primary Responsibilities & Job Description
- Support the development of social channel (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) engagement strategies and online community management
- Provide superior client service including preparing press releases, media pitching, producing monitoring reports, attending client meetings and participating in conference calls
- Prepare social media reports using online monitoring tools
- Write, edit and proofread materials (press releases, strategy memos, presentations)
- Understand and grow awareness of emerging media landscape (traditional, social and hybrid outlets), reporters, columnists and editorial writers
- Conduct research to support collateral production and media engagement objectives
- Coordinate creative content development
- Exhibit a strong commitment to quality and pursuit of excellence
- Take a proactive approach to provide support and engagement with senior team members
- Keep up-to-date with emerging trends in traditional, digital and social media
- Prior experience working in a public relations/affairs agency preferred
- Passion for learning and working within emerging digital media trends
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with internal and external client teams
- Strong interpersonal skills; articulate and able to communicate effectively with clients and external audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, journalism, communications, political science or related
This full-time position will be in the company’s Los Angeles office. Position will offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Account Coordinator Application – [Your Name]’.